Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Interview - Part 2

I had the phone interview with Mr Bigg of biggsolutions this morning. I was thinking it was to discuss a possible role at his organisation - but it turns out the he is, well, a pimps pimp. Or to use the terminology they use over here, a recruiter-to-recruiter recruiter. You get the idea.

The idea is he is kind of exclusive and sends out candidates details to other recruiters, they then take me to the client and so on. To me it seems the approach to recruitment over here is very much in sync with Subway's approach to making a sandwhich (and no I don't want f*&king onion, lettuce or tomato. Steak and cheese, just like it says on the wall).

Anyway - sounded like a good man and said he would do some 'research' and get back to me. Thanks to Mum's sterling work jettisoning off my car to a young unsuspecting - I can do the unemployed thing for a wee while longer yet (thanks Mum!!).