Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Democracy - worm style

I see that the first leaders debate has taken place on TV 3 and to be honest I don't know what rarked me up more. A Judge quite rightly saying that it was inappropriate for him to step in and demand that TV 3, a private company, should have give air time to two of the more sanctimonious people in New Zealand - and then do it anyway.

Or the return of that bloody worm! It was responsible for Dunne taking 7 muppets with him last time round - that in itself should have led to it being banned. If you think I am getting carried away - try to name 2 other United Future MP's. Tricky innit!?!?!?

The people of Wigram and Ohariu-Belmont must be a strange lot to return Anderton and Dunne time after time! But the fact that 7% of New Zealanders were convinced to vote for a completely anonymous nothing party on the basis that a self selected sample ohhed and aahhed at just the right times terrifies me.

Please tell me it won't happen again!