Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, October 10, 2005

'She knows me so well'

I was having a catch up on some NZ news yesterday when I saw an interview with Elaine Page on Breakfast Telly; 2 things crossed my mind.

1. Good I wish I was in Auckland so I could take Mum (Ma was in Wellies as it happened - so couldn't go anyway - shame).

2. How sad am I! It's a bit like the person that offers to baby sit the neighbours kids, just so they can go to the flicks and see a re-run of Watership Down.

Then I get to work this morning (Monday) and find this in the inbox:
Thought about you over the weekend - was sitting on a really stormy night when my friends were all scheduled to watch the 'Black Eyed Peas' in concert at Ericsson - to cut a long story short secretly very pleased with myself as had (nearly front row - no one remembers the guy who came second but I was way pleased!) second row seats at the Elaine Page Concert at the grand old Civic.

What can I say...........................................................................nothing sums up the night better than the man sitting beside me - old, smelly (rather like a McDonalds Fillet o Fish) and a little on the bizarre side whispering at the end of each song - as he broke into ferocious clapping - "moving"," magical", "fantastic", "amazing" - al words that I'd use but perhaps without closing my eyes and looking into the stars at the same time!

Elaine wore some great numbers and a couple of suspect numbers - like her dressing gown but perhaps the set breaks were short and she didn't have the time to complete her change! None of this could take away for an awesome concert where her voice was better than I've every heard in any CD to date!!!

Sad that a little old lady singing some classics makes you spring to mind!
Sad indeed - but that's cool, would have loved to have been there with you Dolly. And your timing, as always, immaculate.