Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Confirmation of ownership

Kathryn, that is Kathryn of Kathryn and Mark (the folk that I stayed with when I got here), has signed on the dotted line! Apologies Simon / Hudson - but could she really be expected to resist?

We caught up for dinner last night and talked shop - covering some of the basic expectations I have of my team. Nothing out of the ordinary, skim milk - no sugar, calling me 'sir' wil come naturally after a while, just as I was about to cover personal appearance - Mark rang (and by the look on K's face - that was probably just as well). I took the call, but it was a tad noisy in the bar, so I headed to the top of the stair case. Fag in hand....

Now I tend to blow the smoke straight up when I smoke, I stayed true to form. It wasn't until I had completely voided myself of those nasty chemicals that I realised I was doing so directly into a smoke alarm!!!

As I was thought to myself, 'not a smart play Frit', the resonant sirens confirmed my premonition. "Mark, it's getting harder to hear you mate - I have just set off the fire alarm. Might have to call you back".

Back to Kathryn at the table - I didn't have to say a word, "that was you wasn't it?" she enquired stated. She needed have bothered, fags into suit jacket, ash tray dispersed to adjacent table, the only remaining clue was my impersonation of a 'big red'.

"Cheque please".