Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

30 years old - 30 hour session

Suffice it to say that I am feeling a little green! If this is how 30 is going to feel - then I am in trouble.

Had a great time on Saturday night with Wellington weather coming to the party - big time. It was stunning - so there we were out on the deck enjoying wines, and then lots of wines. The smart money had me getting wobbly at 9.30pm with a full Ozzy on by half ten - they weren't far off.

I managed to keep it together well enough to get into a few bars. As the sun came up it was time to head back to S&H's place. Bottles of Moet don't travel well - so the only reasonable course of action was to uncork a couple and get the day moving.

Then down to Shed 5 for lunch and a few afternoon wines. Back to MJD's where the 1.75 bottle of Beam taunted me as we walked though the door. It sensed a man that was about the submit - MJD kept me strong and focused on the task at hand. Finally it was time to fall down some stairs and head to bed for the first 12 hour sleep I have had in over a year.

Off to see the Mum, Nickster and the girls now. [After a shower might be an idea - Ed]