Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dad

3 years today since Dad died and I am feeling as far from home as I ever have. In fact - before today I missed home, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. But even when Mum was in hospital I was on the phone to MJD constantly and had Auntie H here. I never actually felt isolated.

Today is different.

Shite day at work already as well - but I have no doubt that is down to me and how I am felling. It was always going to be.

It did remind me of the caption under the photo of Dad in his Obituary - it simply says, "NAME, a man to have in your corner..."

My corner feels empty.