Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The best thing about Tubes...

Surprisingly enough, it is not the stifling temperatures - nor the compulsory bullrush at rush hour. Nope, it is the fact that cell phones do not work on the Tubes!

It struck me today when I had to endure a shrill, shameless, inane, tinittus inducing queen of hyperbole screaming in my ear for 15 minutes on the bus. I then jumped on the tube and enjoyed the relative tranquility of metal grinding on metal at 60 clicks an hour.

As capricious as this observation may be, it appears that for young English 'ladies' on a bus, there is a direct - possibly causal - relationship between unattractiveness and volume.

Fat, ugly, incredibly rude and a face like the north of a south bound horse. Shitbix she wound me up, you'd never have picked it though - would you?