Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Ashes

The final Ashes test is about 15 minutes away and I have absolutely no idea which outcome I would prefer. The hype over here has been unbelievable, hyperbole abounds as the English Press declare this 'the Greatest Series Ever!'. The papers are absolutely full of player profiles, little tip bit's about Andrew Flintoff's outy (belly button) - it is absolutely crazy.

Which is why I am conflicted.

Usually I would have the British Passport out and be baying for Aussie blood. But the thought of watching the Brits, the press in particular, going from glorious anticipatory celebration - to slowly fearing the worst - to fearing the prospect of the unthinkable - to finally going completely feral and turning on their own - all in the space of 5 days - is quite a tempting prospect.