Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Flirting - I think

Having spent the vast majority of the last few weeks in the same office, I have found myself 'engaging' more with some of the crew here. They are mostly 20 or 30 somethings and are all nice - and it's nice to enjoy a degree of familiarity. But when (it's 'when' not 'if' - when I'm at work!) does that actually become flirting?

The defintion of flirting:
Flirt: Audio pronunciation of "flirting" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (flûrt)
v. flirt·ed, flirt·ing, flirts
v. intr.

1. To make playfully romantic or sexual overtures.
2. To deal playfully, triflingly, or superficially with: flirt with danger.
3. To move abruptly or jerkily.

v. tr.

1. To toss or flip suddenly.
2. To move quickly.
If that's the definition, then I fear that some asides and off hand comments may have slipped into the 'playfull' / 'overture' arena, but I am happy to confirm that there have been nothing jerky or abrupt to date!

Will keep you posted...