Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

In the grander scheme of things..

I signed up to Amnesty Interntional last night, not sure why, my side step had previously gotten by a plethora of tree huggers, god botherer's and do gooder's since I arrived (they are everywhere over here!).

But last night for some reason I stopped quite happily and signed on up (and no, it was not a good looking chick brandishing the clip board!).

I have thought about why I was suddenly happy to be stopped and sign up - I suppose a few months earning had a fair bit to do with it. On the bus on the way home, I did the Kiwi maths, ten quid a month, 120 quid a year, 300 odd NZ. That's a fairly decent whack I thought - then I worked it out as a percentage of income, and it is a little pathetic in that light.

Oh well, that leaves a bit for one off appeals I suppose.