Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Monday, May 30, 2005

OK - so I cracked

Call it sad, desperate and even a little tragic - but I could not go another day without a laptop. So please join me in welcoming to the family, Millie (named after my special niece and first car). I'll put a photo of her up tomorrow - but she is rather dishy. Acer travelmate - dvd burner, 60 gig, 512 RAM.... Sometimes it's easier not to fight being a geek.

The eBay IBM experience is know filed under 'learning'. I can't even bring myself to use it as a coffee table as previously proposed. I hate it and all its kind.

Never thought I would buy an Acer - but it was the best spec and value laptop with DVD burner - so there you go.

Expecting to hear about the contract role tomorrow - so might be able to finance todays impulse after all. Heres bloody hoping!