Welcome to Kiwi Log - the musings of a displaced Kiwi experiencing the many delights of London, can't wait for the 'black snot'! I make no apologies to anyone that doesn't get the 'in jokes' - you should have gotten to know me better when you had the chance.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Unbelievable, shocking

I managed to read up on this one before I left and was absolutely convinced that this woman was innocent:

NEWSFLASH: Schapelle Corby Found Guilty Of Drug Trafficking
Australian beauty therapist Schapelle Corby has been found guilty of drug trafficking by a court in Bali Indonesia of trafficking 4 kilograms of marijuana to Indonesia.

Click here for the streaming news item.

I can't even begin to imagine how she got through her first night of a possible 20 year lag - but I did think she was impressively stoic in court.

The best theory I have heard on this one is that 2 baggage handlers were trying to ship gear between two Australian Airports and missed the second interception / pick up. Hence, the drugs made it all the way through to Bali in her bag after being inserted after she had checked in.

If that is true, you would hope that at least two other gutless f*%kers in Australia were struggling to sleep as well.